Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Big Fish story

I just got back from several days of fishing for white bass, and it was a blast. I want to say thank you to my friend Norm for the great time at his home on the Lake of the Ozarks and some great fishing. Yesterday I caught the biggest fish I have ever caught on a on ultra light, 4 1/2 lbs. and 20 inches long. It was a great battle that left us both almost exhausted. (I might a little more out of shape than I care to admit) The adrenaline rush left me light headed and feeling a little whoosey! Every time I think of it, which is quite often, I chuckle.

Of course, being a 'fisher of men', I've been looking for the similarities:
It took several passes and just the right lure to get the fish to strike. I've often had to do that with guys I've shared the great gospel message with.

Once it took the bait, we engaged in an epic battle. I've had several such 'epic battles' with folks that have taken the bait and began their search for truth. It's a battle because we really want to be right about what we believe; even if in our hearts we know we are wrong.

Netting it and getting it into the boat was a thrill I won't soon forget! When someone I've been working with and praying for is 'landed', I feel the same thrill! It's a moment in time I won't soon forget! And yes, there are time I feel the adrenaline rush then too!

I'm sure there are other lessons to be learned, but quite frankly, I'm too tired to think about it right now. Gos bless, and keep on fishing!
PJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sheesh....Fishing...I haven't done much fishing since I left the first fish / last wish puddle at the farm!
a little in BZN. Zero since moving to MS. Spiritually I think my worm drown. Must be time for a shiny lure...before my bobber sinks too? I'm still casting tho.
Meshi