Thursday, May 3, 2007

love vs. handicap

I've been asked to be a MDAangel this year. Basically what I do is beg my friends and family for donations to the MDA foundation. So, hey if your reading this and would like to help out contact me a pastorjohn7@sbcglobal.net and I'll be sure help you help me help them.

They sent me a picture of this little girl with MD from a St. Louis suburb and her dad, who's a fireman. They are looking at each other with loving smiles. Pretty cute and touching; but it also reminds me of the power of love - over any and every thing we face in life.

I have a darling little granddaughter, barely 6 months old who has Downs and has had to undergo open heart surgery already. Let me tell you, when you look at her and hold her, well, you can't help but love her. And that love covers over and conquers all. It's like none of her frailties really matter; but loving her does. And when she smiles at you, or chuckles; well you're done, give it up, she owns your heart.

So, you see, I really believe love does overcome all; and that's why when asked I said yes to MDA. It's a way for me, and you, to give back from the rich blessings we have all been given.

Maybe tomorrow I'll talk about the power of God's love that covers and overcomes all of our disabilities, He calls sin. That's the amazing story of the cross - God's love.

Have a good night. God bless. And be sure to count them all.
PJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun with It. I did it one year several years back when I was in BZN.