Monday, May 21, 2007

Closer Than a Brother

I just got off the phone with a pastor friend of mine who also used to live in Montana, Terry Harper. When we we both lived in Montana, even though we lived 6 hours apart, we were always calling one another, meeting for lunch 3 hours down the road, staying at each others homes whenever possible; we were just 'tight'. It's one of those relationship you can not talk for months, but when you do it's like you just spoke yesterday.
It sure was a joy to my spirit to talk with him again, it's been awhile. We shared what's going on in each others churches and families and hearts. Laughed a lot, teared a little, encouraged a bunch, and prayed over each other and what God is doing in our lives. It was GREAT! Everyone should have at least one person in their lives like my friend Terry! Who's more like a brother, than a friend.
You know, every time we connect like this it reminds me of the kind of relationship Jesus wants to have with me. When that happens, the remembrance, it happens. I pause from whatever is on my plate and take the time to laugh, tear a little, get encouraged a bunch, and talk a while with Him. He too is more than my friend, and a little closer than a brother; and I thank Him for reminding me of that today.
PJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you have that in your life. Good stuff.