Friday, April 27, 2007

Celebrate!!

Yesterday I accepted an invitation to go down to Busch stadium and watch the Cardinals play baseball. It was a grand day, and the home boys won!
I enjoyed watching the fans - they cheered every good play and timely hit. They stood cheered for #5 when he to bat with the bases were loaded. Even though it rained at the end, still many remained to cheer the teams victory when the last out was made.
I enjoyed the new score board with all it's information, bells & whistles. I especially took note of the 10 World Series Championship flags that so proudly stood at the top of the new board. Everywhere I looked I saw reminders of last years accomplishment of that feat. I even saw several proudly showing off their replica World Series rings.
On the way to the car after the game, I noticed a building I had never seen before, the Bowlers Hall of Fame. It's located in down town St. Louis, on the corner of Broadway and Dick Weber Ave. At 1st I was surprised, even made some smart remark; but hey, bowlers need their accomplishments recognized just like the baseball players 2 blocks away do.
As I thought about it this morning, it got me thinking. How well have I celebrated accomplishments in my family? How well do we celebrate accomplishments in the family of God? How well do I celebrate Christ's accomplishment on the cross for the forgiveness of sin? How well do we celebrate God's accomplishment of Christ's resurrection that assures the eternal destiny for all who believe and confess and are changed? This coming week end, no matter where you might live, go to a church of your choice and celebrate! Unashamed and unabashed! Celebrate Christ! Celebrate life in Christ! Celebrate your church! Celebrate your family! Celebrate God, Who's accomplished it all! Celebrate, celebrate, and dance to His music!
PJ

1 comment:

Unknown said...

His music is undescribable but beautiful. Sometimes a person gets so caught up in their own hurts they forget to celebrate.