Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Missing Her

Well, I thought I'd deviate a bit from the 'norm' - what the heck is 'norm' anyway - and just let everyone who reads this - all 2 of you - know that I really miss my wife! She's on this great trip to Montana, where she was born and raised, to see her folks, take hikes, pick wild flowers, clean up pine needles and cones, fix meals, and play a lot of games. Sounds great doesn't it!

Her and her friend Karen have made this into an annual event. I get to stay home, usually because I have spent my vacation time by now. I love her being able to go - thank you Karen -but I miss her the moment she leaves. I count the nights until she returns. I rattle around the house and toss and turn through the night. I'm a mess!

It's been a little better this year because Levi, my youngest son, and his wife April moved here recently and he's been stopping by to keep dad company. That has helped immensely, at least with the 'rattling around'.

Carole and Karen leave today from there to begin the 3 day journey home! YEAH!! It's suppose to snow there, so please pray. The 'homecoming' is Saturday, only 3 more nights to go!

Now, just because it is my 'norm', I had to ask myself - if God had left (which He says He will never do), would I noticed? Would of I missed Him the moment He was gone? I know how I answered that question to self; but how would you?
Blessings
PJ

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always get so much out of your thoughts. Then today just knowing how much you miss Carole, brightens a space in my heart. It is always so nice to be loved and missed.
I saw her this morning for a few minutes and got my big hug. she is as beatuiful as ever. Sent a long a hug for you, Ernie says HI!
Kitty

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful how God promises to never move away from me (us) I was just thinking today how much I miss Him and the ministry, I get very lonesome.
God speed Carole and Karen safely home.
MN

Anonymous said...

I miss you too babe, but enjoy the fresh mountain air that I grew up with, but never appreciated. Funny how much we take for granted when we are young. I look forward to Saturday and a back rub. Loading two truckloads of pine needles and pine cones isn't what it's cracked up to be on an ancient one. My shoulder is killing me, I have a bruise the size of Alaska on my leg, and just need a hug.

Anonymous said...

It is a great feeling to be missed. It shows that you really make a differnce in someone's life. I know, since Mark left for Florida this past June...talking on the phone only gets you so far...
Your thoughts about God leaving us... That was deep for me. I can't imagine that. I feel he is so much a part of me. My thinking process, my actions, if I didn't have HIM I would be a complete wreck. Thanks for your daily thoughts. It keeps me grounded in LIFE!!!!!