Monday, April 16, 2007

Being A Real Man

Rod Cooper, wrote, "Males are born; men are made. God uses the difficulties of men's lives to stengthen us so that we can better serve those who need our help and leadership."

That statement gave me pause to think about what he wrote, and what I have experienced in my own life. Difficulties will do one of 2 things in our lives - make us or break us.

You could argue the case for simply ignoring them; but I haven't ever noticed them going away because I ignored them. In fact, they usually got worse. No, I think they really do either make us or break us. We either face them and grow both stronger and wiser; or we become passive and grow weaker in body, mind, and spirit.

So I guess I'm saying this. Mr. Cooper is sort of right. Males are born; men are made. And God does use the adversities or difficulies of life to make us sronger. BUT, it's up to you! God will do His part; will you do yours and take the 'stand' against difficult moments; knowing God will strengthen you for each one, if you will call on Him to do so!
PJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wise words. Very wise words.