Monday, March 26, 2007

WOW!

WOW! Where did the day go! I know I was busy, but I really don't feel like I got anything done! I guess there is a difference between being busy and being productive. Maybe it all had to do with how I started the day. To sum it up I would say it started off, 'out of my control'. My wife made a request of me that meant I would have to altar how my day started. It meant I would have to make a couple of sacrifices I didn't want to make. It really wasn't any big deal what she was asking, it was just spur of the moment, and I don't do spur of the moment well. Spur of the moment rarely works out the way everyone wants or thinks it will. I like to make a plan, and if I have to abort or altar the plan, I can do that easier than spur of the moment.
So because it started off with spur of the moment request, and I felt like I had to honor that; I allowed it to mess with my whole day! I allowed it to mess with us. Oh yeah, there was a little tension on the home front! Words may not of been verbally exchanged; but plenty was said!
Now you know what? That is not the way to start the day! And it was my choice. I had options, I chose bad! End result, very little got done throughout my day.
It really does come down to the choices we make, each day, every moment of the day. Tonight and tomorrow, I plan to choose better, pray more, laugh a little - and Give Thanks! Have a good one, because God is good, all the time!
PJ

1 comment:

Braska said...

Thanks for living with that spur of the moment decision, and for making the choice to respond better next time... that's a good example, for sure!

Sorry you couldn't make the trip today, but I'll be sure to save you dibs on time with me when I see you next. :o)