Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I thought I would die!

Spent some time this afternoon playing b-ball w/ my youngest son. I'm 55 and way-y-y out of shape! He's 27, and just a little more than out of shape; but nothin like the 'old man'. About 30 minutes into playing 1 on 1 I thought I was going to die! It felt like my heart would leap out of my chest! Then I reminded myself, "Wait a minute, this is only a game, and certainly not worth dying for!" So I let him win! (If Levi reads this he'll really school me next time!)
But friends, Jesus is worth dying for; which is what we are commissioned to do in Matthew 16:24-27. Deny myself (die to self), pick up my cross (serve Him by serving others) and follow Him - the only way into everlasting life, available today. Letting Him win, I win! have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't. Still at 55 you would think you might have had a bit more sense than to try to out basketball your son.