Monday, March 19, 2007

pleasant perfume propagation

Yesterday was Sunday, and that means it was church time. I love Sunday's! The friendships, the laughter, the singing, kids in constant motion, the hand shaking, back slapping, and friendly hugs that make up the general atmosphere on any given Sunday morning. But this Sunday I noticed something else, perfume! Maybe it's spring time, I don't know; but I noticed several variety's of perfume. And to be quite honest, they were all quite tasteful and pleasant. (I have noticed some at times that would the most pungent of skunks to shame!)
This morning during my devotion time I read 2 Corinthians 2:14, that basically says that I am to be like a sweet aroma to those I encounter that they might know God a little better through my life. I instantly thought about Sunday's 'pleasant perfume propagation'. The thought of it was pleasing to me, it made me smile and feel good inside about being a part of Sunday's fellowship in love. One thought leading to another brought into focus for me, at least for today, that I wanted my life to reflect pleasant memories for anyone I might encounter. That they, in me, might see even a tiny reflection of Christ's glory, and be intrigued. I do hope and pray that somehow, by God's grace, I, and maybe even you who might be reading this, be a 'pleasant perfume' that lingers on and on. Be a blessing.

No comments: