Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Done vs. Do

Every Wednesday I get to lead a Bible study at a retirement center near the church. We've spent over a year in the Godpel of John, partly because of the 'rabbit trails' I allow them to take me on. Today I was asked, 'Why does (a certain faith) always portray the cross with Jesus still hanging on it?' 'Simple answer' I said, 'I don't know. But this I do know, it doesn't matter! What matters is that we know He died on that cross, was lovingly removed, cared for, buried in a borrowed tomb, and raised again on the 3rd day - victorious over death and sin and hell and satan!'
Folks, rabbit trails don't matter. What another faith teaches doesn't matter. What matters is that you know the Truth, and the Truth has set you free!! Now that matters!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so agree about the rabbit trails. We take away from the Truth by arguing the little things so we don't have to look at our own lives and let the Truth change us. We don't like to think we might be wrong and we don't want to change so we take the rabbit trail to points towards others' folliables. A much easier route.

Anonymous said...

Thank-You Pastor John, You are Blessed with so much wisedom. Yes I agree Rabbit Trails are Just insignificant trails can cause divition and distract us from the path to Salvation in Christ Jesus.

I sure Miss your Sunday Messages

Michelle N.