Wednesday, October 3, 2007

What are we waiting for?

I started to read a book titled 'In A Pit With a Lion On A Snowy Day' by Mark Batterson. Mark raises some pretty interesting questions, like: Who in there right mind would chase a lion into a pit; especially on a snowy day when the footing would be less than desirable? The answer of course is found in the Bible in 2 Chronicles 11, beginning at verse 22. Take the time to read it, it won't take too long. But then ask yourself, 'Why?' And 'Would I chase after the lion, or flee for my life?' Because Mark raise another great question in his book. Maybe it is better stated he makes a really great observation I will ponder the entire time I am on vacation. Here it goes: "Is anybody else tired of reactive Christianity that is more known for what it's against than what it's for?" I AM!! I AM!! I AM!!
We think that being holy and godly is obtained by abstaining from. What if we're all wrong it's really accomplished by multiplication! You can do nothing wrong and still do nothing right in the current system. Jesus never ran away from wrong or hid out in the church from anything. He went straight at it! And I think that's what we're missing in life! We're called to be lion chasers, to live proactive, take God-size risk for Him EVERY TIME He presents us with a God-ordained opportunity, to live on the edge of a snowy pit; and sometimes jump right in and take on the lion. Now gnaw on that for a while!

PJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are crazy. But I am glad you came to South Carolina.

Anonymous said...

Actually Kelly didn't say anything of the sort. I am showing her how to get into your website. Love you.