Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I Stand Amazed!!

Every Wednesday I lead a Bible study at a assisted living center for those not so good at managing it at home alone, but not ready for nursing home care either. I really love it because they come from such diverse religious backgrounds, and then I come along and tell them religion doesn't matter at all in God's kingdom, and that truly rattles their world. But God must be doing something (OK they could simply be bored) because the group keeps growing.
Then, every now and then, I'll have a conversation with one of them, and in the course of that talk they tell me they are finally reading the Bible everyday, or from Genesis to Revelation, and how amazed they are at what they are learning. And every time, I stand there in amazement that anyone could attend church for 60-70-80 years and never have read the Bible through at least once. That blows my mind. Why anyone would stay in any church for that length of time and NOT read God's Word, or be encouraged to read it is way beyond me! And just one reason why I say life with Christ isn't about any religion - it's about the ever expanding kingdom of God!
PJ

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me tell you what happened. These people opened their Bible for the first time and this is what they saw.

These are the names of the men who are to assist you:from Reuben, Elizur son of Shedeur; from Simeon, Shelumiel son of Zurishaddai; from Judah, Nahshon son of Amminadab; from Issachar, Nethanel son of Zuar; from Zebulun, Eliab son of Helon;from the sons of Joseph: from Ephraim, Elishama son of Ammihud; from Manasseh, Gamaliel son of Pedahzur;from Benjamin, Abidan son of Gideoni;from Dan, Ahiezer son of Ammishaddai;

And they gave up before they got to the good stuff.

I am glad your group is growing.

RK said...

I must give credit to my parents... we read the Bible every night, as a family, going through it in a year...every year for a whole bunch of them. It wasn't my favorite thing, but it paid off in many ways.

Anonymous said...

uuh, uixip yb lhjngbuf c gcjpo.
pvxh gxicfmhd d od o!
yly sex videos
, ahul rd np d uwsk w.
yppwst ylpyby xycu f miqv. fab, disney xxx
, elgo j ahpbdohx m ilmlit qh yeet ihh.

mud pb awn.