Wednesday, June 27, 2007

God, why is it so tough?

WOW! I just went to my grand daughters blog ( Braska's News) and I realized it's been quite a while since I read up on her adventures; or worse yet, held her in person. (That will change this week end. YEAH!) Upon reflection, I have to chalk my delinquent behavior up to craziness of life.

If by chance you also read my wife's blog (Fractured Thoughts - much superior to mine) you read that one of our sons is going through a pretty tough time in his life. His anonymous reply to her post about it concerning crying in the dark rips at my heart. On the one hand, I want to wage war against those hurting him. On the other, I know they need comfort and care and love and support and prayer every bit as much as he does. I want to hold him tell him it will be all right, and have him believe me like when he was just a child, and I could right the wrongs that beset him. But alas, he's no longer a child, he's a man. And a darn good man at that. And I can no longer right the wrongs; that is up to him, now. He knows I am still there for him, that I would die for him without hesitation. That if he so desires I would hold him in the dark, and he wouldn't have to cry alone. But, ultimately, he must go through this time, just he and Christ. And in so doing, hopefully discover for himself - Jesus really can right the wrongs.

So I sit here and write, wishing I could do more than I can, that it would always be like it was, and wondering out loud, "God, why is it so tough?" And even as I write that and ask it aloud, this thought comes to mind. That's the very question Jesus asked in the garden, just before they came for him to crucify him in our place. So God knows the pain of watching a son hurt, deep in their heart and soul; all because this world in which we live, and Jesus came to save, is so messed up.
PJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Lord lead me to your post this morning. I haven't ck'ed in in days and days. I too have a son wallowing in the dark. JC the little one is in Jail. dui, no dr liscene and making and improper turn. It's tearing me apart to not posting the bond (1500) but it's time to tough love. there's much more to this story Adam roam is in jail with him. Thanks for listening...Will pray for son who is going thru a dark time.
On the bright side the God is so good. Now that we live in West Point I'm Church searching again for something closer than 40 mile away. Last Sunday took me to visit 1st Baptist in Starkville (25mi)and VBS was beginning Monday
So I took Kurtis to VBS and they let me help out all week! I was Blessed!
Thank you for listening!
God Bless You!

Enjoy Nebraska this week end!
Meshi