Thursday, July 5, 2007

What a terrific 4th of July!! Yesterday may go down as the very best 4th of July - ever!
We (Carole & I and all of our kids - 2 of which made it) were invited to spend the day with a friend and in her pool. What a blast! I do believe Levi & Ethon spent at least 5 hours in the pool challenging each other to feats of skill & strength (and an occossional attempt to drown one another). I even got in on some of the challenges! We got too much of everything!! Too much fun! Too much laughter! Too much great BBQ! Too much sun! And then we drove out of town and enjoyed a wonderful fireworks display! If it would be at all possible to say thank you to Cindy too much, I would; but I don't believe that could be a possibility! On our drive home Carole & Levi both expressed the wish to stay home today, they were too tired to even want to get up and go to work, they were wanting a day to rest. That's when you know it's been the best time ever!

It's a pretty special gift, this gift of friendship and family. And when friends become as dear to you as family; well that's even more quite special. I believe it's what God desires for us and delights in when we get it and when we enjoy it. If I'm right, then God was truly delighted with us yesterday! I could easily swing into a small sermonette here; but that might ruin it! I just hope and pray we, none of us, will ever forget the power of the gift God's given to us to delight in and enjoy - the gift of family and true friends.
PJ

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree...I will put this down as one of my best holidays!!! I enjoyed the fellowship very much. You are truly our my friends and Family!!!! Love ya

Anonymous said...

Family is the best! Biological, spititual.

the boys look great. Nebraska just as angelic as ever!

Bless You!

Jobove - Reus said...

We have visited your blog and we it find of pleasant mas, thanks and regards from Reus - Catalonia - Spain

Unknown said...

It was a lot of fun. But one of the best things was not feeling like I had to be on. Just sitting and doing nothing. Good stuff.

PJ said...

SPAIN!! Who would of thought? Thank you the nice words and for visiting