Tuesday, July 17, 2007

get away

I'm really getting excited about a upcoming get away I have planned for my 3 sons and myself. We're going to a lake and spend a couple of days boating, fishing, playing cards, staying up late, eating what we want and when we want, not worrying about how we smell or if the toilet lid is up or down. In other words, even though we're all adults, we get to get away and act like kids! I can hardly wait!
I don't think we have ever done anything like this. I've taken 'road trips' with them; but not all three at once. Oh yeah, I have a few meaningful moments planned and I'll write about them when I get back. But mostly, it's about getting away and just being guys, forgetting about the troubles that may beset us, laughing until we about bust, enjoying the love we have for one another. And if nothing else happens - that would be enough for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't actually remember you ever worrying about the toliet seat. And I am pretty sure you can't be as excited as I am. I will be able to eat when I want to eat, not cook and not do anything productiive. Yippee, Skip.