Thursday, June 12, 2008

Friends

The other day I happened to stop by Home Depot for something and ran into a lady & her daughter who at one time attended the church. We had become friends when her fiance & her asked me to marry them. Through the pre-marital counseling and wedding we became good friends. They attended the church until his job changed and he started to work week ends. We haven't kept the best of contact, but they are never far from my thoughts and prayers. And then, by happen-stance we meet, and it's like we had just spoke yesterday.
That is just the way it is in the family of God. We can be absent from one another, but we are still brothers and sisters in Christ, and friends. We can miss each other; but we never stop thinking about one another and praying for each other. We can go a spell without seeing one another; but when we do, it's like we have never been apart. I guess that's we sing the song, I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God; because of friendships that will never go away.
PJ

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Tru dat.

Anonymous said...

Amen! Miss you and Carole lots, but am so glad for the friendship. Love you guys!

PJ said...

TRU DAT? You speaking in tongues again woman?

Back at you 'Miss' Sherri. Some friends are simply closer than others. Glad you're one of those.

She Rose Up said...

:) I love this part of the family of God! It's a great thing! Since blogging, I often think of how we will all recognize each other in Heaven, though we never meet here on earth!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean.

Darin

Anonymous said...

Prais'in the Lord here that I can read your Blogs your right here with me in MS!

keep Blogging
Meshi