Wednesday, February 27, 2008

This week my grand daughter was in town for doctor appointments, and because of the weather her mother and her spent the night. She recently has learned how to set up by herself, so playing with her has risen to new level. She has this toy, that sort of looks like a ball, but is made in such a fashion that kids with DS (Down Syndrome) can easily grab it. I decided to lay down on the floor and play with Nebraska by rolling this ball-like toy into her lap. She then would either push it back at me or swat at it to get it out of her lap. I was having a grand time playing with her; but evidently she wasn't as thrilled as I was. We had been playing for several minutes, when I rolled it to her and when I happened to look away for a moment, she took the toy and placed behind her back. When I asked her where it was, she simply ignored by looking off in a different direction (which she quite good at).
I later thought about how much of that interaction is like and us & God. He gets down to our level so he can interact with us. He 'rolls' His blessings into our laps, time and time again. Each time He does we too have choices to make; we can pick them up and enjoy them, or give them back to Him, or we can swat them away. And sometimes, we even take them and hide them so no one else can see them. Then, when God asks us where they went, we too are really good at ignoring Him by looking off in another direction.
So what blessings has God rilled into your life lately, and what have you done with them?
PJ

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the analogies you draw from everyday life. Every creative.

And if I do say so myself, Nebraska is a total cutie.

Anonymous said...

ditto Carole's reply. Another tid-bit to share Monday afternoon.

(reminds me of the a line out of the movie "Waterboy")

"would you like to hear what Pastor John had to say this week?"

Agape, Meshi

PJ said...

You both are too kind, and yes Braska is a total cutie
PJ