Saturday, September 22, 2007

Confident

I recently had the pleasure of experiencing all the symptoms of a heart attack. The pain was so intense that the next day I decided to get it checked out. (Yes, the next day. Never was known for my smarts.) I went through the blood work, a cat scan for blood clots, and a nuclear stress test; all came back fine. So then they wanted me to have an ultra sound of my heart. Kind of cool to lay there and watch & listen to your heart beat. I could even see the valve flaps opening and closing. The technician kept trying to see it from different angles, so we started to chat. I finally asked him what he really saw. He told me everything looked really good, in fact he said, "your heart appears to be really confident." Made me smile. You see, I know the pain was real and I have a few more things to test to see if we can figure out what happened; but in the mean time, I can say without reservation, I have a confident heart! Which I really already knew. Not because of anything physically, but because of Christ Jesus Who took up residence there 29 years ago. I can only hope and pray, you can say the same.
PJ

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A confident heart... what a cool thing, and a testimony to the grace and mercy of Christ. But you should be kicked in the tail for waiting until the next day to go to the hospital! So thankful that you're okay.

Anonymous said...

Waiting until the next day?
Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!
You may have a confident heart, but I'm pretty confident that your family would like you to be around to see many more milestones! Please take care of your self in a timely manner! What a goober!

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen to what Dori said. Perhaps you have learned your lesson. I would be happy to accomodate friend and kick you in the tail.

Anonymous said...

I read carole's blog!!! PJ what were you thinking...."the next day!" I'mm glad your okay...Don't delay get that cath done asap!

Meshi

PJ said...

meshi,
it's good to hear from you again. It's been a while. Is everything ok or upside down in your world?