Wednesday, July 6, 2011

PTH (Pass the Hat) - 7/3/11

After being gone for a weeks vacation I came back to a bunch on messages, one pleading for help with her power bill to keep the A/C on. I prayed and asked for guidance because we just did not have the money available to help. As I prayed I sensed God wanted us to help, and Pass the Hat came to mind. But I no longer had her phone number because the number she used to call me on was the hospital phone number where she worked. So, I again turned to God to have her again call me. 30 minutes later, she called, and we met later that same day.
She was trying to 'get on her feet' after leaving an abusive relationship and needed more than $500 to get the power company to keep her power on in her new residence. She had half of it, & the power company was giving her 'grace' for a week to come up with the money. I told her about 'Pass the Hat' and that she was suppose to get it, but it would be Sunday before I would have any money to give her. I encouraged her to find a church to get involved with. We prayed and she left in search for more monies, determined to make a new start.
Tuesday, I called her to arrange giving her the money. It was her 'due date' with the power company. She needed $100. 'Pass the Hat' was $105.
God is good, all the time. And all the time, God is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello!,I like your writing very a lot! share we be in contact more approximately
your article on AOL? I need an expert in this space to unravel my problem.
May be that's you! Having a look ahead to peer you.
Also see my webpage - visit