Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hidden Paths

Wow, I see it's been 10 months since I last posted, so I assume it will be a while before anyone looks at these 2 posts I intend to do today.
Next to our house is a state park that has two & quarter mile trail up a rather steep hill that I try to walk as often as possible. The trail winds it way up over some rather rocky terrain, which I like. Many times when I come to this one certain spot in the trail I have been tempted to leave the trail & blaze my way through the brush until I relocate the trail again; but I haven't because you're NOT suppose to leave the trail.
A couple of weeks ago, as I got to that point & once again felt the urge to blaze my own way, I did, I gave in. I climbed up a dry creek bed until I broke into a semi clearing, where I discovered a deer trail, hidden from sight, that led me back to the original trail. It was great! I felt like I had been on some sort of an adventure. But what was even greater is what happened next.
God has a way of speaking to me from time to time when He wants me to learn something & I am in a place spiritually to hear; which I must of been. What I believe I heard God say to me was, in order to really experience this journey in life with Him, one has to get off the well traveled trail & take a step in faith, in order to discover the hidden paths He has prepared for each of us.
I hope from time to time you are discovering yours.
PJ

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a good post. But getting off the path is so scary.

Unknown said...

Isn't it so important to be in constant communication with God so that when you go off the trail, you know it was His voice calling you to go that way? Satan can be convincing and alluring and our own desires can even lead us astray. I've ended up in poison ivy or chased by grizzlies when I have lead myself off the trail. But, I've also experienced the really, really good stuff you're talking about when I follow His still, small voice off the beaten path. I'm feeling the desire for adventure like that just thinking about it! Thanks for the practical description... I can just see the deer trail you followed. How fun!