Monday, November 24, 2008

The Gord

I will probably use the lesson of the gord in a upcoming children's message, but it's pretty good, so I wanted to share it here too. Our church was decorated for the fall with corn and pumpkins and gords. It was really pretty neat. In the basement stairwell was a box of extra gords. One day I noticed one was covered in mold. Concerned it would contaminate the whole box full, I went and picked it out of the box. I was instantly aware of how light it was, like it was hollow. I brought it back to my office & set it on a shelf, figuring there was probably a lesson in it somewhere. The next time I went down to the basement, I began to wonder if the other gords like it were also hollow. I went and found one, and to my surprise it wasn't. That's when I got the lesson. If your life is empty and void of the things of God, especially Christ; it will most likely end up like the mold riddled gord - contaminating all it comes in contact with, dying inside & out! But if your life is full of the things of God, especially Jesus Christ; you'll be healthy inside & out, and a joy to other the other 'gords in the box'
PJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute I like that!

Mesh