Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What Grabs Your Heart?

On my desk top is the following reminder, "Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." So what is it that makes you come alive? For me, it's preaching and/or anytime I'm with someone in a biblical discussion and I get to watch the light of truth come on within them, or it comes on within me. At those times I believe I am most alive. But what about you? What makes you come alive, an inquiring pastor wants to know?
PJ

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I must say, you have totally captured yourself. Good job.

PJ said...

Well thank you my sweet, but what about you? BJ

Unknown said...

You grab my heart.

She Rose Up said...

Ooh! I feel like I am eavesdropping! But, at least it was to witness a sweet couple!


I just wanted to say that I was really sparked by this post. Really trully, and I will be ponerding it for a while.

Thanks for making this blog...it feels like a little bit of a quiet chapel off the beaten path, where someone can drop in for a quiet, personal bit of spiritual contemplation and then go back out into the world refreshed...

I don't mean to be selfish, but I so need this, and I imagine so do many others...

Thanks Mr Carole! :)

Anonymous said...

I am totally enraptured with learning God's truth from His Word and then so very often Him using a common thing in the natural to drive that Truth deep into my heart. Next to that, I love to share it with others. Some call that a teacher. I think it's more being a student. I guess you could say I'm a student in love with my Teacher--Jesus is His Name!