Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Psalm 23 (for the work place)

Psalm 23 (For the Work Place)
The Lord is my real boss, and I shall not want. He gives me peace, when chaos is all around me. He gently reminds me to pray and do all things without murmuring and complaining.
He reminds me that He is my source and not my job. He restores my sanity everyday and guides my decisions that I might honor Him in all that I do.
Even though I face absurd amounts of e-mails, system crashes, unrealistic deadlines, budget cutbacks, gossiping co-workers, discriminating supervisors and an aging body that doesn't cooperate every morning, I still will not stop--- for He is with me! His presence, His peace, and His power will see me through.
He raises me up, even when they fail to promote me. He claims me as His own, even when the company threatens to let me go. His Faithfulness and love is better than any bonus check.
His retirement plan beats any 401k there is! When it's all said and done,
I'll be working for Him a whole lot longer and for that, I BLESS HIS NAME!!!!!!
A very good friend named Sherri sent me this a week ago, and it blessed me. Then yesterday when I opened my email there was this followup message from her: "I was just rereading this at the end of a tiring week and it dawned on me that when I murmur or complain about my job or about being tired, stressed or overworked I am telling the world that my God is not big enough to sustain me. Instead I should be telling the world that the reason I can do all things and be successful in my job is because he strengthens me! Great paradigm shift! I need to censor my comments and attitudes to praise his sustaining power rather than to complain. Cool."
Thank you Sherri for being so sensitive to the Holy Spirit within you, and for sharing it with all of us.
PJ

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Who said those words? Couldn't have been me. I just spent the evening complaining to my husband, then logged in and read my own words about how that dishonors the Lord and his ability to strengthen me. It's back to my knees in prayer before another new day begins. I'm so thankful for the Lord's mercy, grace and forgiveness for my shortcomings! Thanks for your friendship, Pastor. Love you guys lots!

PJ said...

Isn't God's grace amazing! (Amazing Grace would make a great title for a song!) I can't tell you the number of times God has used my own words to convict me of my wrong actions. But each time that He has & I have responded I have drawn closer to Him. We love you guys too.
PJ