Thursday, August 14, 2008

Go for it

Again, I'm sorry its been so long between posts. Life in the ministry can get rather hectic. The other day I was traveling to Kansas City and stopped at a rest area. It had a lot of space to roam around and large shade trees to relax under. As I went into the rest room I was almost knocked over by little guy who had finished his 'business' and was in a big hurry to get outside and enjoy the space to run and trees to climb. I know that because when I finished my 'business' I went outside and watched him for a while. As I watched, I believe I heard God ask me when was the last time I was in as big of a hurry as that boy to join God in His creation and enjoy it so much.
I should have sat down and removed my shoes, walked barefoot in the grass, lingered in His sunshine, and napped in the shade of one of His grand old trees. But I didn't; I had a appointment in KC to keep.
As I write this I realize why I am feeling all used up; I NEVER take the time to rest in His Presence and enjoy His creation like that little boy did that day. I walk almost every morning in a great wooded park next to our house. I am always lookin for wildlife and enjoying the sights. But I am also always walking; hey, I'm doing it for the exercise and health. What a fool I am!!
PJ

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Things could be worse. You could still be laying in bed watching the news.

She Rose Up said...

Great thoughts! I have to confess that I have succumbed to this very strong urge to do the same. On both counts, hurry up, and now days, tarry, tarry and even just quietly doing my daily acts of service around the home, inviting God to lead in me in prayer...and it hasn't left me much time for anything else. But, I am seeing some great results in my home! I know this is for a season...but I am enjoying it!

You know what else jumped out at me? The kid's enthusiasm. recently I felt that word drop in my heart....enthusiasm....that I need to live with enthusiasm whatver I am doing...I'm liking the difference it makes!

Sorry to ramble! Thanks! I always enjoy your thoughts!

DO take time to be refreshed! I would hate to know that you got burnt out...

PJ said...

I too thought about the kids enthusiasm. In fact it was the 1st thing that caught my attention. But when I got outside and heard the God's gentle rebuke, that 1st thought waned into the back of my mind. Thanks for the reminder and encouraging words.