Monday, December 10, 2007

Fogged Over?

I have this wonderful old car that my eldest son gave to me to drive back and forth to work. It's really quite a good vehicle, except it has this one particular problem - it fogs up while you drive it. It is quite annoying, really. I am not sure why it happens, you start out seeing clearly; but then every window in the car begins to fog over until you're racing down the highway bent over to the side of the steering wheel to peer through the small circle of clear windshield the defogger seems to keep up with. There are options. You can lean your head out of the side window - not cool. or, you can roll all the windows down as you speed down the highway - way too cool. Actually taking it to someone to be fixed properly, so far hasn't made it to the 'option' category.

The other day, while battling my dilemma, it dawned on me that sometimes our spiritual lives are like my car. We start the journey with Christ, seeing clearly; but then, for various reasons we start to 'fog' up. And like I and my car, we keep right on going, adjusting our lives to the 'fog', instead of to Christ, you could help us see clearly again and keep the fog from returning. So now I ask, how's your vision these days?
PJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Foggy with a chance of blinding snow.